Body Sculpting Services at LKN Weight Loss & Wellness
EMSCULPT NEO is based on an applicator simultaneously emitting synchronized RF and HIFEM+ energies.
EMTONE™ is the first and only device that simultaneously delivers both thermal and mechanical energy to treat all major contributing factors to cellulite.
A Breakthrough Treatment for Incontinence and Confidence
What Is Body Sculpting?
- Reduce excess skin.
- Reduce excess fat
- Re-shape the area.
The majority of body sculpting is not a way to lose weight. It helps to shape your body and addresses areas that aren’t affected by weight loss.
What are the various types of body sculpting?
Lipolysis is a nonsurgical method of contouring the body. There are many lipolysis options:
- Cryolipolysis uses extremely cold temperatures to kill fat cells (for instance, CoolSculpting(r).
- Injection lipolysis is the injection of deoxycholic acid to the body in order to target fat cells.
- Laser lipolysis is a method that uses lasers to eliminate fat cells (e.g Zerona(r).
- Radiofrequency lipolysis uses heat and ultrasound waves to target fat cells (for instance, truSculpt(r).
Sometimes the results may not be as expected.
There are many options for body contouring surgery.
- Tucks and lifts: These procedures are used to remove excess fat and skin. A abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), breastlift (rhytidectomy), and double chin surgery are some examples.
- Liposuction: Liposuction (lipo) suctions out fat deposits.
Many people choose body sculpting for the desire to lose weight or achieve a particular shape. When diet and exercise don’t make a difference, body sculpting is often performed on certain areas.
Extra skin can be removed surgically to improve skin texture and appearance. These procedures are useful for people with excess skin following significant weight loss. It can also help with loose, saggy, or wrinkled skin due to natural aging.
The body contouring procedure can be used to target any area of the body. These are some of the most common areas:
- Love handles: Belly and flanks
- Neck and chin.
What happens before body contouring is done?
You’ll first meet with a surgeon. You’ll discuss:
- Your goals.
- Your medical history including allergies and past surgeries.
- All medications, both prescription and over-the-counter.
- Usage of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs.
A healthcare professional will also:
- Measure the area you wish to improve.
- Use a pen or marker to draw on the area.
- Take photos.
- Make recommendations and discuss your options.
- If you are considering surgery, review the risks and discuss your options.
You will need to sign a consent agreement form before you can proceed. You sign it allowing the healthcare provider to perform your procedure. You agree to accept the risks and have realistic expectations.
The healthcare team might ask you questions depending on the type of body sculpting that you have chosen.
- Your primary healthcare provider can perform blood work or a physical exam.
- Stop Smoking.
- Stop using certain medications, such as aspirin, NSCIDs, and herbal supplements.
What happens during liposuction or other surgical body contouring procedures?
The majority of cosmetic surgery takes place in a hospital, surgical center, or surgeon’s office. Depending on the procedure, it can take anywhere from 45 minutes to several hours.
The team might:
- Pre-operatively mark the locations
- Place you on a surgical table, and perform safety checks with anesthesia and nursing.
- Based on the procedure, administer anesthesia — general or local —
- Prepare the skin for surgery.
- You will need to make incisions in your skin – these depend on the procedure.
- To achieve the look you desire, cut, reposition and shape excess fat.
- It is not uncommon to tighten your muscles after abdominoplasty.
- Trim excess skin.
- You can use liposuction alone or in conjunction with other procedures to remove excess fat.
- After the procedure is completed, close any incisions.
- Bandages are recommended.
What happens when you have non-surgical lipolysis performed?
Most lipolysis procedures are performed in an office. A session lasts between 30 and 60 minutes.
The team might:
- You can get a hospital gown or robe for you to wear.
- Place your feet on a table or chair.
- Use a marker or pen to mark the skin.
- For injection lipolysis, inject a drug into the area you wish to reduce fat.
- You can use a tool, such as a paddle or a wand, to deliver ultrasound waves, laser beams and cold or heat depending on the type or lipolysis.
To see the best results, most people require several sessions.
What happens to your body after body contouring?
Many people return home the same day as their surgery. You should always have someone drive you home after surgery and be there for you the next night. You may also have a thin tube placed near an incision to drain fluid. This will help prevent swelling.
Recovery instructions will be provided by your surgeon. These instructions may include:
- Care for drains and change of bandages.
- Avoid over-activity and ambulation to avoid blood clots
- Any complications that you may have should be reported. These will be addressed pre-operatively.
- Avoiding the sun
- To control or prevent infection, you can use medication (ointments or tablets).
Nonsurgical body sculpting is done in a clinic or office. You will be able to leave the clinic or office immediately following the procedure. You won’t usually need to take a ride home and can continue your normal day.
What are the benefits of body sculpting
Many people who report body contouring success:
- A more defined and well-shaped body.
- A thinner, younger appearance
- Smoother skin
- Symptomatic improvement.
The results of surgery are often more visible and can be seen immediately. It may take several weeks or even months for nonsurgical options to show a significant difference.
What are the risks and complications of having surgery?
All procedures, such as lifts or tucks, are considered surgery and come with some risks. However they are relatively rare. There are many risks that can be involved.
- Asymmetry is when both sides are different.
- Bleeding and blood clots.
- Anesthesia can cause complications such as nausea, vomiting, or difficulty waking up.
- Nerves, blood vessels and muscles can be damaged.
- Hair loss near incisions.
- Hematoma is a bloody pocket under the skin that may need to be drained.
- Incisions that are not properly healed
- Nerve injury can cause weakness, numbness, or changes in how your skin feels.
- Longer-lasting pain or swelling than you expected.
- Problems with the heart and lungs
- You may not like the results and need to have follow-up surgery.
- Scarring, rippling, or discoloration.
- Skin discoloration and skin irregularities
Nonsurgical options have fewer risks and can include:
- Hives and rash.
- Soreness or pain.
- Red skin.
- Results not satisfactory and the need to repeat.
RECOVERY and OUTLOOK
How long does it take to recover from body sculpting?
Depending on the extent of work required and the size of the incisions, recovery can take several weeks or even months.
The recovery time for nonsurgical options is much faster. The majority of people return to work or other activities within a few hours after treatment.
How to contact a doctor &
when do I need to see my healthcare provider
There is very little risk in nonsurgical procedures, so there won’t be any complications.
You should immediately report any complications or infection after undergoing a surgery.
- Anginar incisions may cause bleeding, swelling, redness, or drainage.
- Chest pain.
- Fever above 100.5 degrees Fahrenheit
- Medicine cannot treat severe pain.
- Nausea or vomiting.
Note from LKN Weight Loss & Wellness
When diet and exercise fail to work, body contouring can be used to reduce fat and shape specific areas. Your ideal weight will improve the quality of your results and reduce complications. Lipolysis can be performed non-surgically, while liposuction can be used to remove excess fat. Skin excision is another body-sculpting procedure that can tighten or smoothen any wrinkled skin. Contact your options with your healthcare provider and the risks.
Servicing & Pricing
Tell Us How We Can Help You!
Send us an email and a member of our weight loss medical team will get in contact with you ASAP!